blood blister on big toe being a diabetic

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

being a diabetic how do i treat a blood blister on big toe
Blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin. Elevate the foot ,give rest to the part, apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom salt and keep the foot bandaged so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection and this is harmful in diabetics.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.