blood blister

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blood blister

Hi i have just noticed my 3yr old daughter has what looks like a blood blister on her lip...is it dangerous?..what does this mean?can anyone help?thanks
Blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin.Give rest to the part,apply cold compresses,soak the blister in Epsom sale and keep a check on the child so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your daughter is doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.