blood rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blood rash

I get a "blood rash" on both of my legs above the ankle on the inside and back when I do alot of walking in the heat. It is now getting almost up to my knees. This never happens when I do a lot of walking in cold weather. The rash is smooth, no bumps, and when you press on it, it does not blanch. It does not itch or burn, but the skin gets tight and uncomfortable (swelling) . If I continue to stay on my feet, the pain from the tightness is pretty bad.
My dermatology PA said it is because the valves in my legs which keeps the blood from flowing back down the leg are leaking and the blood then pools in my lower legs and has no place to go except out under the skin. If this is true, why wouldn't this happen in cool or cold weather too?
Do a search for "golfer's vasculitis" on these forums to see discussions on this.  There are bunch of us talking about it on another thread.

Jane