blotchy ears
Every now and then I notice that my earlobes get blotchy.  It happens a lot more on my left earlobe but it does have a little on my right one.  It is only on the earlobe..not on any other part of my ear.  It doesnt hurt at all it just looks very red and blotchy.  It almost looks like a hickey, but I promise it's not!  It lasts for a few days and comes and goes weeks at a time.  My ears are not peirced right now...they got infected and closed up years ago.  When I touch my earlobes I can feel little knots where my peircings used to be but other than that it's smooth.  What can this be??
The symptoms are suggestive of hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can give some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps. Also apply a topical steroid cream but only after consulting a dermatologist as it is not without side effects.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.