blotchy skin located on hands and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

blotchy skin located on hands and feet

I have had this skin problem (not sure what to call it) for a while now. I thought over time it would just go away and it was only on my left foot for the longest time. I thought at first it was from my marching band shoes being tied too tight. It didn't go away and it's now on my right foot and on my hands. It's moved up my right arm and left leg to my wrist and ankle. It does not itch or hurt in any way, except on my left foot if I tie my shoes too tight. I went to my doctor to see what it is and he said he had no idea and prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment to see if it will clear up. My step mom thinks it is Lupus, but when I went to CDC.gov, the symptoms and what it looks like does not match. I'm just concerned that this might effect my marching band career and it makes it difficult to wear shorts or even show my hands off to people. Please can you tell me what it might be or show me in the right direction to find out what it might be??
A worried college student.
This could be an eczema or a rash due to Contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin caused by direct contact with an irritating or allergy-causing substance (irritant or allergen). Reactions may vary in the same individual over time.

The allergic type of contact dermatitis is caused by exposure to a material to which the person has become hypersensitive or allergic. It presents with skin redness or inflammation in the exposed area which may or may not be associated with itching.

Investigations like skin lesion biopsy or culture of the skin lesion can be done, when in doubt, to confirm or to aid in reaching a diagnosis.
You can apply a mild corticosteroid ointment which  may reduce inflammation. This can be used only for a short period of time till the inflammation subsides.

If it is due to eczema, then itching will be a prominent symptom. There is no cure for it, Corticosteroid ointments can be used for this too.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/adam1000869