boil issue
I have a boil on my inner-lower buttock.  I soaked in a bath with baking soda, then tried to pop it. It just turned purple; i felt a pop, and it felt like it popped backwards - like back into me. should I be worried? Sepsis or anythign?

It usually takes a few soaks in your bath and warm compresses before the boil turns into a head and drainage occurs. Signs of infection that you should watch out for include any of the following:  fever,  swelling, redness or drainage. Continue with your baths and antibacterial soap and ointments may also help. If it persists and symptoms mentioned above occurs, have this evaluated further for proper management. Direct clinical examination is essential.

Take care and keep us posted.

I just noticed its really red around the area...almost like a sunburn red. should I give it a day or 2 then see a doctor if its not better?
You can give it a couple of days before going to your doctor. However, with your description,  you should also observe for symptoms of cellulitis  or acute inflammation of the connective tissue of the skin. This presents with localized skin redness or inflammation that increases in size as the infection spreads, pain or tenderness of the area, skin lesion or rash, warmth over the area of redness or fever.

Take care and do keep us posted.