boil (or cyst) like things on my inner thighs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hello, im 24 female, and I have had these boil like spots on my left inner thigh, and now I have just noticed they have appeared on my right inner thigh like 2 days ago.  They will not go away what so ever.  Ive tried so many things.  I have had an STD before.  Diagnosed with Gnoarhea like 10 years ago.  these spots do not hurt unless I press firmly on them.  Its just really embarresing because I am sexually active and I dont like when a guy sees that.  Please help me.... Thank you
It seems everyone is getting those things. If it is what, I am almost sure it is, it is staph infection. They are cyst like sometimes firm and they also look like boils. They will get a head (kinda like any pimple) and they can hurt really bad. They fill with pus. You need to go to the dr. He has to take a sample of the fluid to test it to give you the correct antibiotic. It is caused by bacteria getting into the skin. They will keep coming without meds. They give you an oral antibiotic to take. You can put wet compresses as hot as you can stand to help bring it to a head. Once the fluid is out the pain get less and less. Some say it is contagious and others say not. I have had drs say both. Your regular physician should be able to handle it for you, but a dermatologist has more specialty in it. I found without a sample, you don't know if you are getting the right antibiotic. You can go to a medical site to see pictures of it, just look under staph infection, usually lists boils also. RJ
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Can you elaborate more on the spots/ lesion? A complete physical evaluation of by your doctor is needed to determine the diagnosis. Aside from a bacterial infection mentioned above, this could be a sebaceous cyst which is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part of a hair follicle. It fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum which  is produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.They are more common in hairier areas, where in cases of long duration they could result in hair loss on the skin surface immediately above the cyst.  This is attributed to a blocked sebaceous glands or swollen hair follicles. If they continue to grow, they may become unsightly, painful, or infected, a surgical  excision may be an option. An infected cyst may require oral antibiotics. Placement of a heat-pad directly on the cyst for about fifteen minutes, twice daily may also help. Try o avoid scratching or manipulating the lesion to prevent secondary infection.

Take care and regards.

thank you guys for the help.  I will go to my doctor again and ask.  Thank You.

Best Wishes
                                       Jennifer
i have these bump/boils on the inside of my thigh they hurt when pressed on or touched i smtimes pop them and whatever and blood comes out and they turn to dark spots after healing im 22 years old and male please hel' im also over wieght by lke 90 pounds
i have bump, lumps on my vargina lip and on the inner thighs both sides an on the out side of my right on my right butt cheek  what going on with that do i have a std or what?
I have been getting these things for YRS. and had 2 dr.'s tell me that are caused fro not having enough oil in ur body and from ingrown hairs. I went to the pharmacy a couple of yrs ago and ask if there was anything over the counter that would take care of em because I could no longer take the pain of having needles stuck right in the center of them. He had me get this stuff called Goldline Ichthammol Ointment 20% this stuff WORKS.... U put it over the boil/cysts cover it and within a few hrs the thing will bust and the pus will run out. I Keep this Ointment at all times because I get the cysts so often. Nothing else worked except getting them lanced but I promise you this stuff works.