boils on breast

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

boils on breast

I have larger breasts and get boils (C cup) on the right one (it is about half a cup size bigger), sometimes I get a large boil (about the size of a dime) and a few smaller ones. My doctor has previously put me on antibotics and steriods for them but they still come back. And as I have no insurance it is next to impossible for me to be able to afford to go to the doctor.  Right now I have one that no matter what home remedies I have tried it will not come to a head, however the boil itself is purple and the skin around it is red and there are a few small ones scattered about. Also today I noticed that my nipple is painfully senstive. I also have a scar from a previous boil that is indented in my skin and sometimes you can still get puss out of it as well. What is this? What can I do? And why does the scar still contain puss? Please help I am all out of options
Tags: breasts, boils
Try mupurcin creme.You may need incision and drainage if it persists.
Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever,apply Neosporin ointment on the bump and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.Also if it persists then incison and drainage may be required as ig left untreated it may get converted to abscess.If there are recurrent boils,then pls get your blood sugar levels estimated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Avatar n tn
thank you for your help, I have been doing the hot compresses hoping it would come to a head but it won't. I am going to have togo to a doc. But do you have any idea why the scar that is left would sometimes have drainage too?
It would settle well with out any scar worth mentioning.