bottom lip very swollen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bottom lip very swollen

the right side of my bottom lip is very swollen and sore it started out as i tingle on the right of my lip i don't know what do do it been two days now and it still swollen
Unexpected swelling of the lip is not  normal. It is frequently caused by allergies. An allergic reaction can occur suddenly, even in a person with no previous history of allergy. This swelling is called angioedema. Diagnosis is by clinical examination and complete blood tests, electrolytes and renal function tests. Treatment is by antihistaminics like Benadryl or Zyrtec and steroids. If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a physician. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

my lips blew up after i used carmex vanilla chapstick, i went to the emergency room, i was given a huge bag of saline, steroids and a high form of liquid benadryl, then i was sent home with medicine to take. the swelling has not gone down which makes me believe this problem could also be a dental problem that im not aware of? im praying the swelling goes down in a few hours since i just took the medicine, if not later today i'll be back at the emergency room. i need this swelling to go down. this is horrible. do you have maybe something that I could try? I went on line the night i woke up with swelling lips and there were like a 100 home remedies, cold compresses, a tea bag, salt, honey, and the list goes on and on and on but none of these worked at all.