DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
bright red sores?
by concerndmomme32, Nov 24, 2010
my baby has bright red sores on her face only. they started out like little white heads,  then they crusted over. Now it looks like a sore with red around it. what could it be?
Member Comments (1)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Dec 01, 2010

Impetigo and herpes sores are important possibilities that need to be ruled out. It is a highly contagious superficial bacterial skin infection. It is primarily caused by Staphylococcus aureus and sometimes by Streptococcus pyogenes. Topical and oral antibiotics are the treatment of choice. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.