broken tiny blood vessels?
My 18 yr. old son recently had the stomach flu.  Approx. 12 hrs. after all his vomiting, I noticed something like a rash on the sides of his face.  I wonder if he broke many tiny blood vessels while vomiting?  Is there concern with this - especially if it would happen again in the future?  He said that he could feel sweat emerging from his head and arms and it would drip off of him while vomiting.
thank you for your reply.
The broken blood vessels sound like telangiectasias. They are small dilated blood vessels present under the skin especially on the face. It can be due to environmental changes, skin trauma, overuse of steroids, acne rosacea or venous hypertension. In your son’s case it looks like due to skin trauma and should go away after some days. If they persist then they have to be treated with laser. My sincere advice is to consult a cosmetologist and discuss this with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.