brown looking freckles on hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

brown looking freckles on hand

Hi, about 20 brownish freckle looking flat spots appeared overnight on the top of my right hand between my index finger and thumb.  It's been 4 weeks and no real changes.   They don't itch or hurt, they are just there.  I don't believe I touched anything different and wasn't out in the sun.  The only thing I did different the day before is get my blood drawn.   I showed it to a dermatogist and he wasn't sure but said it is probably some sort of skin pigmentation.   Does anyone have any input to what this may be?   Thanks.
Sudden appearance of brown freckles on the hands can be due to petechiael spots, pigmentation due to freckles or lentigenes. The only way to prevent lentigenes is to use liberal amounts of sunscreen before the age of forty, avoid the sun, and wear protective clothing. The newest treatment for age spots is an alpha hydroxy acid gel or beta hydroxy acid gel.  Retin-A cream, alpha hydroxyacid peels, and liquid nitrogen therapy are other options.

Get it checked from a dermatologist as if they are petechiael spots and if they are persisting even after 4 weeks then the cause needs to be ascertained.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dr.,

It's been about 7 weeks since they appeared.   During that time they have gotten darker but the last 2 weeks they now seem to be ever so slowly fading away.   Does this change your diagnoses?

Thanks.
If they have started to fade then there is nothing much to worry about. Had they been continuously increasing or getting darker in intensity then lentigenes would have been thought of. It could have due to petechiael spots after a viral infection or a skin trauma.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.