brown spots on back and stomach
i have brown dry itchy spots all over my upper back and my stomach i also have them on my chest they look very bad. they dont look nothing like liver spots or age spots. is this a type of condition. ive had it for over 6 years now and i cant seem to get rid of them. i also found out my sister and brother started getting them too.. is this contagious.. they look like my brown dry spots.

Are there other signs or symptoms present? This could be tinea versicolor, a relatively common skin infection caused by the fungus Pityrosporum ovale which presents with patches of discolored skin with sharp borders and fine scales that sometimes coalesce. The patches are often dark reddish-tan in color and skin may appear lighter than surrounding healthy skin. There may be associated mild itching or increased sweating. The most common sites are the back, underarms, upper arms, chest, and neck. The condition is most common in adolescents and is associated with hot climates. Diagnosis is through skin scraping and subsequent examination under a microscope. Treatment consists of over the counter topical anti-fungal medicines. If condition persists, it is best to see your doctor for further evaluation and management. This link may be of help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_versicolor
Take care and keep us posted.