brown spots on my fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

brown spots on my fingers

I'm getting brown marks all over my fingers, and they do not go away,  they dont hurt or anything like that and im just keep getting more and more with the time, could you tell me what might be the cause?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Dark discolorations on the skin may be due to moles, freckles, postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, a dermatitic skin reaction, drug reactions or bleeding problems. In your case, you have not mentioned of any other associated signs and symptoms like bruise formation in other parts of the body, gum bleeding and changes in the character of the stools and the urine. Prolonged exposure to the sun or exposure to certain chemicals or substances may lead to skin discolorations. Apply sunscreen over the area. There are hand creams present that offer sunscreen protection. Use an SPF of at least 15. Observe the discolorations; if they appear to increase in number or size, then you may need to have this assessed further.
I have brown spots  on my fingers. Nothing on my nails just finger tips. No pain just noticed them their about two weeks ago. I do however smoke and have a heart murmur, could this be low blood circulation?
I remember researching the same thing about 2 months ago online: "discoloration/ pigmentation on knuckles/ hands that had appeared overnight and wouldn't remove. I thought it was nothing, I was wrong. I saw my dr. and the first thing she said to me was ADDISON'S DISEASE. I was referred to an Endocrinologist and apparently I have Addison's Disease. I am being transfered to see a specialist at Cedars Sinai this month. Please do NOT dismiss this. GO SEE YOUR DR. This could be serious, or it could be nothing- whatever you do, don't just ignore it. I have always been healthy my whole life. I live a totally health- conscious lifestyle and maintain a veggetarian diet. I don't know how I contracted this disease but I did. My point is, it can happen to anyone. See your doctor.
i have brown spots on the part of my fingers that have the finger prints,is that the same thing?