brown spots on my penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

brown spots on my penis

Hi there, i am a 24 year old man and  I recently noticed 2 very small brown dots on the lower shaft of my penis. Upon further inspection I noticed there were a few more on the right side of my pubic bone. They are very hard to see and they dont seem to up off the skin at all and if they are its very little. I recently was involved in oral sex and im wondering if this could be a sti infection.  I dont think its herpees (herpes) because its not red, itchy or anything like that. It kinda looks like freckles but i dont have any freckles anywhere on my body.

If anyone has any insight feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to small brown spots on penis..
I've heard about this plenty of times and from your description I am quite confident it is not an STI. Some men have had these pigmentations mysteriously pop up even being celibate.
The best thing you can do is to have a doc look at it to give you some peace of mind.
Hi there, sorry to bother you but i just had another question for you. After my first post i shaved my pubic area and it revealed many more of these little marks. They havent seemed to change and its still really hard to see unless you look under the light. Just wondering if you still think its just pigmentation or if it could be something else.

Thanks.
It can be due to Fordyce spots which are very common at this age and are a natural occurrence on the body. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.