brown "stains" in cracked skin on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

brown "stains" in cracked skin on hands

I have rough, cracked skin on my hands (and feet).  I have a problem with dark, brownish stains in the cracks in the skin on my fingertips and palms.  There is no associated pain or itching.  No amount of scrubbing with soap, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, lemon juice, etc. makes it go away.  My hands are wet a lot (I am currently working part time as a pastry chef; I had this same problem about 12 years ago as a professional full time chef.  I wash my hands a lot while I work).  I wonder if this rings a bell with anyone?  The one thing I haven't tried a treatment for is fungus?

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING BEING JANUARY 1ST. 2009 WITH BROWN STAINS MAINLY ON MY RIGHT HAND AND ALSO TRIED WASHING WITH SOAP AND WATER TO NO AVAIL.  I WILL BE CONTACTING MY DOCTOR EARLY NEXT WEEK AS I AM A TYPE 2 DIABETIC AND TAKE MEDICINE FOR MY DIABETES.  I ALSO FOUND OUT MY OLDEST DAUGHTER HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND SHE STATED IT TOOK A COUPLE OF DAYS TO GO AWAY.
My daughter has the same occurence, they appear every couple of months and then fade, now I just noticed it on my 11 month old. what is this? its driving me crazy. I wish there was an answer to this.
My daughter woke up a few weeks ago with a brown iodine colour stain ovver the palm of both hands. it happened about 3 nights running. it came up at night but my6:30pm the following night had disappeared. No pain, not itching nothing. The doctor said she must be getting something on her hands (she clearly isnt as she has slept in a different bed and it has still happened) it has happened 7-8 times in the past 2 months. What is it???
I have the same thing and my grandmother has it too. My joints in my hands and wrists hurt as well.
did you ever get an answer. i have exactly the same issue...
We'll just started today for me brownish/blackish thing feeling like they are pushing up tthru my skin. It was extermly painful at times. I am have seem to be falling apart over the last 8 months or so with pain that have put me in the fetal position. I have learned other the last 8 month to have nerve damage in my left and left hand and as well as in both legs and feet, with the right side more painful most of the timer . I have blood test for this and that and they stillcant tell what is causing the nerve damage, I take 5 to 6 oxicondine a day if I sleep it is other 2 to 6 hours depending on how long the pain work/ how much pain I am in.  I have be dioniosed with mild carpal tunnel but my pain is to intense for that.  So I have been really itchy lately so I made a dr today and went and was asked to be tested for scabies . Reason behind random puking number 2 very very inconsistent and I have a spot on the top of my head that Started out as what they are sayin was a popped cyst for me over rubbing the top off my neck because it was very tense and felt almost like a ton of little knots in my neck. Needless to say I was looked at like I was a crazy person does not show any real bad sytomes, but it looks I have a bunch of small hardly raised white bumps cover large portion of my body. Needless to say I am waiting to hear n blood work and truly hope I get to say a big **** you to the dr for looking at me nuts.