brown streaks in lower leg of 11 year old female???

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

2 weeks ago my 11 year old daughter presented with brown streaks on bilateral lower legs.  No history of injury or illness and it is not associated with any other symptom.  No pain. No swelling.  Only dark brown streaking in a 'tree branch' pattern.  The streaks do blanch out when pressed on.  Since first noting the problem, it has continued to move up the leg.  She has been seen by her pediatrician and he and his partner were at a loss as to what it is.  Neither were very concerned, since it not accompanied by any other symptom.  However; they have referred us to a dermatologist.  As a parent, I am concerned because it appeared so suddenly and is continuing to worsen by moving up the leg.  Any ideas as to what this is, should I be concerned???
My daughter presented with a similar situation on one of her legs when she was very young (she is now 24).  Over time, the streaks did fade away.  Never had a diagnosis...just was told it was "idiopathic dermatitis".  Don't worry...should be fine.