bruised bump under skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bruised bump under skin

i have somewhat of  a spot near my pubic region about the circumference of a pencil eraser. It feels a little lumpish under the skin about pea-sized. It feels like a bruise to the touch and almost has a painless slight throb normally if im not doing anything active. It is reddish around the edge and gets darker towards the center. It has been there for about a month and nothing has really changed but I'm getting to the point where I feel like its not going away. Just curious what this could be?
This could be a sebaceous cyst. Sebaceous cyst is a harmless cyst filled with sebaceous matter and it is a swelling occurs under the skin. It may caused by blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles, or trauma to the skin and it mainly occurs in the area like scalp, face, ears, and genitals.

It presents as painless small lumps or bumps which arises under the skin associated with redness and tenderness and increased temperature of the skin in the affected area.
If it does get infected then it can become painful. Sometimes, a grayish white, cheesy, foul smelling material may discharge from the bump or lump.

Sebaceous cysts generally do not require medical treatment.  Treatment is by surgical excision to completely remove the sac and its contents.
ref: http://www.skin-disease.org/disorders/sebaceous-cyst.htm