bug bite rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bug bite rash

About two weeks ago I suffered from an anaphylactic reaction to a fire ant bite that landed me in the emergency room now ever since anytime I get bit by anything I get a rash about the size of a quarter around the bite. I have been bitten many times before and never really had this problem, will this reaction go away over time or will I now always get a rash.
Tags: bug, bit, rash
The earlier bite cause an antien antibody reaction. The immune system of the body woke up to this antigen and regarded it as foreign in nature or not belonging to the body. Now the effect is coming as delayed hypersensitivity reaction of the body to this antigen caused by your immune cells and hence the bites started itching and swelling again when there is another bite.

You should take plenty of water and take antiallergic drugs like Montekulast or levocetrizine after consulting your family physician as these are prescriptions drugs.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you that will help me greatly until December when I can get back to Wisconsin and visit my doctor.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers