bug-like bites on my body whenever i wake up
Before school started, I brought a new mattress at IKEA. However, for the next few nights, horrible (large) red bumps appeared on my arms and legs. I was afraid that it was bed bugs, so i returned the mattress and the sale manager told me that there was "no way" it could be bed bugs. So i brought another mattress. Along with this mattress, I brought new sheets as well. My first few days, I was good with no reactions. However, after about a few days, the bumps started to appear again (even on the side of my face and fingers). However, there are less bumps than the first mattress. I sleep with two other roommates who have no problems with this. Could I be allergic to my mattress? If so, is there anything i can do to prevent this outbreak? : (

It it helps, these bites are itchy too. So would that mean its a bug or allergies?
Since these itchy bumps have started appearing after using this mattress, so it can be contact dermatitis to the texture of cloth of the mattress or sheets or  the laundry detergent  in which they have been washed.
Take some antihistaminics. You can use Benadryl at night as it causes drowsiness and other non sedating antihistaminics like Claritin and Zyrtec . Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine. If the symptoms persist, then you can consult a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.