bug or spider bite
I had a red lump in my scalp for weeks. It wasn't a pimpe, but looked like a blood mole. It stuck out about a quarter of an inch and was even larger around. I've had simptoms of fibromyalgia for a while, but it seems to be worse now. The lump finally crusted over and peeled off but the achy feelings are  worse than ever. As luck would have it I went to a dematolygist a week later so he couldn't see it. Could it be a bite that has effected me.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be pyogenic granuloma. Its exact cause is unknown but it is more commonly found on head, neck, extremities, and upper trunk.Different treatments like sclerotherapy, chemical cauterization,cryotherapy and laser excision have been found to be useful.

My advice would be to consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.