bump above penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump above penis

In the last month or so, i have noticed that i have 2 small raised flesh colored bumps in the genital and pelvis area. one is right on the shaft but it is very small and flesh colored. the other is in the pelvic area and it is flesh colored and raised. these bumps don't hurt, itch, or anything like that. Its dry and if i didn't notice it i wouldn't even know it is there. I got blood and urine tests for everything imaginable including STDs, and it turns out it is absolutely nothing. The doctor said it has a chance its genital warts, but when i read stuff online it seems nothing like genital warts. it doesn't look like a wart, its not itchy, its not wet, and theres nothing alarming on the tip of my penis, no discharge, and nothing out of the ordinary. my pee doesn't burn or anything, and everything else in my body is perfectly fine. i don't have any other alarming bumps, and everything else seems to be normal. What do u think it could be? Genital Warts? Molluscum?? Fordyce's spot?? i am sexually active, but not quite in the last 6 months or so ...

This could be acne, folliculitis, pimples, dermatitis , eczema or allergic skin reaction to some unknown substance, genital warts, etc.

Are you allergic to any specific substances? Have you taken any medications for the lesions?

This could be - pearly penile papules or fordyce spots. You would need to consult your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis.

'Pearly penile papules are multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans (glands) penis. They typically develop in men aged 20 to 40, and around 10 per cent of all men are affected. They may be mistaken for warts, are not infectious and require no treatment.'

'Fordyce spots are small (1-5mm) bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans (glands), shaft or scrotum and usually affect younger men. They may occur as a solitary lesion, but frequently appear in crops of 50 to 100. They are painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted. '

You should keep the areas clean, wear lose comfortable clothes to avoid sweating, use a powder to keep the areas dry , use calamine lotion at the sites. Oral antihistamine medications would help if the lesions are itchy.

If your symptoms persist it would be best to consult a skin specialist because nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.