bump in Vaginal Area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump in Vaginal Area

umm...i have had a staph infection once before, about two years ago. It was on my upper thigh region. now there is this medium-sized bump where my panty line ends on the side of my inner thigh. It hurts alot, and im not sure what it is. It hasnt started secreting anything, like the staph infection did. but it hurts when i walk too fast, and my underwear is always making it hurt or painful. I think it might be another staph infection but im not sure.
I really appreciate it if you could help me with this porblem. thanks.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Staph infection has a tendency to recur. However, folliculitis needs to be ruled out also. This usually resolve on its own and presents as a pimple-like lesion. It sometimes associated with pain and itching. Warm compress may help. Try to keep the area clean and dry. And avoid manipulating the lesion. If persists and symptoms are the same as the previous infection, it would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management.  Culture of the skin lesion may be done to identify the cause.

Take care and keep us posted.