bump in scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump in scalp

Hey there,

I have a small bump on my scalp about the size of a pea. It doesn't hurt, itch or anything like that. there is no coloration and you couldn't tell its there unless you felt it. It squishes when you push on it but hasn't go away for 2 years. what could this be?
From the symptoms, it can be a pilar cyst or seborrheic keratosis which is a benign skin growth. Pilar cysts manifest as smooth, mobile, asymptomatic swellings, often in the scalp. Overlying hair loss may be noted. The definitive treatment is surgical excision of the cyst. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.