Aa
A
A
Close
bump on child's penis
My son is seven and he has a bump on his penis that is big, red and tender.  He just said something about it today and I don't know a lot about this.  I am trying to figure out if this is serious or is there something that I can put on it to make it feel better until it goes away.  He has other skin issue such as eczema and different allergies.  As soon as I could an answer I would truly appreciate it.  I want to take him to a urgent care or something.         MOM
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

A history of allergies and eczema may make us suspect that this may also be allergic in origin. However a solitary red bump needs further assessment by his pediatrician to exclude  other possible causes like a contact dermatitis, an underlying structural problem or an insect bite.

This may not sound urgent, however a complete assessment by a physician is necessary for further management. Just continue to reassure your son.Just keep him from scratching or picking on the area. A cool compress may help the swelling and reduce the pain. A soft and comfortable ( not tight) underpants will be useful. Observe his urine's character and urinary habits and discuss any changes with his pediatrician.

Keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources