Dermatology Community
bump on child's penis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bump on child's penis

My son is seven and he has a bump on his penis that is big, red and tender.  He just said something about it today and I don't know a lot about this.  I am trying to figure out if this is serious or is there something that I can put on it to make it feel better until it goes away.  He has other skin issue such as eczema and different allergies.  As soon as I could an answer I would truly appreciate it.  I want to take him to a urgent care or something.         MOM
Related Discussions
Hi,

A history of allergies and eczema may make us suspect that this may also be allergic in origin. However a solitary red bump needs further assessment by his pediatrician to exclude  other possible causes like a contact dermatitis, an underlying structural problem or an insect bite.

This may not sound urgent, however a complete assessment by a physician is necessary for further management. Just continue to reassure your son.Just keep him from scratching or picking on the area. A cool compress may help the swelling and reduce the pain. A soft and comfortable ( not tight) underpants will be useful. Observe his urine's character and urinary habits and discuss any changes with his pediatrician.

Keep us posted.
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity