bump on child's penis
My son is seven and he has a bump on his penis that is big, red and tender.  He just said something about it today and I don't know a lot about this.  I am trying to figure out if this is serious or is there something that I can put on it to make it feel better until it goes away.  He has other skin issue such as eczema and different allergies.  As soon as I could an answer I would truly appreciate it.  I want to take him to a urgent care or something.         MOM

A history of allergies and eczema may make us suspect that this may also be allergic in origin. However a solitary red bump needs further assessment by his pediatrician to exclude  other possible causes like a contact dermatitis, an underlying structural problem or an insect bite.

This may not sound urgent, however a complete assessment by a physician is necessary for further management. Just continue to reassure your son.Just keep him from scratching or picking on the area. A cool compress may help the swelling and reduce the pain. A soft and comfortable ( not tight) underpants will be useful. Observe his urine's character and urinary habits and discuss any changes with his pediatrician.

Keep us posted.