Aa
A
A
Close
bump on fingers
I have a bump on my right index finger that appears to be like a blister under the skin. Its on the side of my finger near the first joint. It appears to be filled with clear fluid, like a blister. Its painful when I press on it. I had these a few months ago on the same finger and also on my right thumb and left index finger, but when they went away I thought that was it, but now they're coming back. Any ideas what these are?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hey there! i just posted something along this. i get these bumps but not only on my hands, i get them on my arms, neck and knees. new to me this year i have them on my upper back. and mine arent itchy or red, but clear and mainly an annoyance...lol, anyhow. i have been reading up tonight and i found most people who have  on their hands are talking about pompholyx. hope this helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
Three possibilities are there for this kind of lump.Firstly,it can be a sebaceous cyst.It is a closed sac that is filledwith a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.

Second possibility is of myxoid cyst.It is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.

Third possibility is of herpetic whitlow.It is a painful viral infection occurring on the fingers or around the fingernails. Herpetic whitlow is caused by infection with the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.Unfortunately I cannot confirm anything without examination.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank