bump on lower lip
Quick question -
I am a 30 year old female and 3 days ago I noticed a pimple-like bump on the vermilion border of my lower lip.  When I push my tongue to my lip (as if to stretch it) it feels hard to the touch and becomes white in color.  I don't think it is a cold sore (herpes 1) because I have never had anything at all on my lips, it does not look like a blister, it is not clustered with anything else, nor has it began to ooze.  Can you in fact have a cold sore without those symptoms?  Prior to this unknown bump appearing, my lips had been really dry so I was using a lot of vaseline and chapstick - not sure if it can be a clogged pore.  It is not a mucocele, however, as it is on the outside of my mouth.  I know it is hard to say without looking at it - but if you have any input I would apprecite it.  thanks

The outer border of the lip involves hair follicles, sweat glands and sebaceous glands. In your case it can be an underlying infection,inflammation or benign swelling of these structures. You have mentioned no redness or pain which makes an inflammation unlikely.

This may not be a cause of alarm but a consult with your primary physician or an ENT specialist will be able to assess this completely.

Do keep us posted.
i have a bump in the bottom of my inner lip. the bump is white too .i don't know what to do. HELP!