bump on my lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bump on my lip

i have had this bump on my lip for about 2 years now nd it wont go away. I cant pop it or anything nd its on my bottom lip on the side i mean what could it be i try to hide it when im tlking to people nd everything. Also my bottom lip is dry nd wrinkley to so i put blistex on nd i mean its fine but wen the blistex goes away its right back to dry and wrinkley man.i do have fordcye thought....wat is it can some one please help me out!!!
Tags: lips, bumps on

From the symptoms the possibility of mucocele needs to be ruled out. It is a rubbery, bubblelike painles swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip,under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own. But if it does not, then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist. It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have one as well it doesn't hurt.  I can cut it but it comes back. Its in the where I use to old my cigarettes my mouth ( I quit smoking). Im 19. I have STD tests. I have no STDs. Its not full of liquid it doesn't pop. Its like a bump it doesn't swell. It was small and got bigger. Its on the outside of my bottom lip on the left side. I can answer any questions you might have