Dermatology Expert Forum
bump on roof of mouth
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bump on roof of mouth

Hi-- I have a strange bump, pimple-like, on the roof of my mouth.  It's pretty small, and in the mirror, it looks like a small bump, and it almost looks like there are maybe two other small bumps right by it, although I can't feel those with my tongue.

I am a sexually active, usually healthy 26 year old.  Is it possible that this bump is a symptom of an STD?  Or is it more likely just to be some sort of small thing, or just a pimple?

Thank you--
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
I doubt it's an STD.  I think that for definite diagnosis, however, you'll need to show it to someone, perhaps a dentists for starters.  If it's a cyst of some sort, which seems likely, it will stay there, so you should find out for sure what it it, so you can ignore it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
HI,

I AM GOING TO THE ENT ON WEDS TO HAVE SOMETHING REMOVED FROM MY UVULA...WAS TOLD IT IS A PAPILLOMA...CAUSED BY THE HPV VIRUS...IT IS FLESH COLORED, TINY 2MM, AND IS ON A STALK...

I HAD 3 ENT'S TELL ME THAT IT WAS NOT CANCEROUS AND I COULD COME BACK EVERY 3 MONTHS TO MONITOR IT...UH, I CAN MONITOR IT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR...I WANT IT OFF...I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY THINK, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS...

AFTER BEING ON THE ORAL CANCER WEBSITE AND FINDING OUT THAT SOME ORAL CANCERS ARE RELATED TO HPV, A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE THAT INFECTS (ESTIMATE) 75 MILLION AMERICANS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER IN THEIR LIFE TIMES, I AM GETTING IT REMOVED...

I ALSO FOUND SEVERAL ARTICLES THAT SAY THAT EARLY DETECTION AND TREATMENT IS THE KEY TO CATCHING AND CURING IT...SO...IN MY OPINION...AND EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION AND I AM NOT A DOCTOR..IF I WERE YOU MY BUTT WOULD BE AT THE DOCTOR ASAP...JUST TO BE SURE ITS NOTHING...I DONT DEAL WITH STRESS WELL AT ALL...AND I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION...

GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING!
JOGIRL

Blank
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank