Dermatology Expert Forum
bumps/ blisters on palms, hands fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

bumps/ blisters on palms, hands fingers

Dr.,
I have been getting small red bumps and or blisters on my palms, fingers and sides of hands for several years (7-8).
The red bumps appear larger than the small blisters. The blisters are only about the size of a pen tip, and the red bumps are slightly larger. the bumps do not hurt, but the blisters do only when direct pressure is applied to them.They appear on both hands/fingers in random areas and pop up without warning.They can appear single or in multiples. I have been getting these now since the end of March. They go away for about 4 days and then new ones will just appear. They do not bust, just fade away. They do not itch.They can go away in 2 days to 4 weeks. There is no constant.
Would herpes appear on both hand in several places? I have been told Herpes on hands is not very common though.
I am trying to track what I eat because of the whole exzema (eczema) thing.
I have been to derms for this before, and been told dyshidrotic exzema (eczema) by one and possibly herpes by another.  My hands do not appear dry to be extremely dry. If it was exzema (eczema) shouldn't the skin on my palms appear dry, not just have these red bumps.
What do you think? Thanks.

I'm not sure why anyone would suggest that this is herpes.  It sounds like dyshidrotic eczema to me, not herpes.  This comes and goes for no reason, is not catchy, and is no more than a mild nuisance.  If it bothers you, a cortisone cream can help, used just till the annoyance goes away.  A dermatologist should be able to help you on this.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Do they flair up more around your period or any hormonal changes? I seem to be having the same problem. I posted about it the other day and I'm just waiting on a response/suggestions from people. I'm curious if this is the same thing.

Sincerely,
Prizma
It happens whenever. They last 2 days to about 4-5 weeks.I was extremely stressed at onset though.
i had that once too .like 2 years ago.  but my derma told me that it was dyshidrotic exzema (eczema) and managed to give me real effective cream. it dries out fast . like in a day or two. but in that 2 years time,  the fluid-like disappeared but the marks are still visible. like i have chill bumps 24/7! worst, it spread. i have my so-called "chill bumps" in my arms, and suddenly i had it on my legs.. it wasnt itchy thou. maybe you could try the cream my derma gave me.
i got the dyshidrotic exzema (eczema) , which my derma told me, because of excessive washing of hands.which is true because of my job before. it requires washing my hands every now and then, maybe the reason why it is called the "HOUSEWIVES DISEASE". (i read that in one of the articles " try keeping your hand dry. but im not telling you not to wash your hands. just try to limit it.
I used to have to go get Cortizone shots because my Eczema was so bad! My fingers were like open sores and blistered.  This past week I put a mad call out for anyone who may have something that can help, as my fingers are festering again and I have a 2 year old son to take care of.  My neighbor gave me some cream and within 2 days, it was 90% better.  This just happened last week so I'm really excited about it.  It's called Astral and I think is made in Scottland but below is a website I found where you can buy it.

http://www.shoplondons.com/astral-original-lotion.html

Please let me know if it helps you too.  I'm tempted to call all dermatologists in the area and tell them about this cream.   My eczema is in no way just a nuisance, as I used to have to wash my hair and drive with my fingernails because my hands were blistered, open sores that oozed (I know, gross and embarrassing to shake someone's hand).

Good luck!
ok i am 14 and i have these wierd bumps on my hand. i want to know what they could be. they are mostly in groups but some are independent. i had them for a long time and i want to see if anybody posibly knows what they are or how to get rid of them. they are the same color of my skin (white). i heard of red itchy ones, but mine are not itchy just ugly. anybody no what this could be????????
A related discussion, White intchy bumps on the palm of my hand was started.
A related discussion, blisters was started.