bumps, peeling and swollen finger...small blisters on hands and palm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

About one month ago I had a small dime sized dry area of skin on my right pointer finger.  I'm sure with the weather and hand washing I do, (new baby) and burnt self on hot water is how it started.  Now being one month later pretty much my whole finger is red and slightly swollen, when I bend the finger the skin cracks, sometimes bleeds and the new skin seems to get shiny and all these very small clear like bumps on it. There are dry patches, the skin flakes and there are raised patches on skin that sometimes look almost very light brown.
It is very itchy and I try to use lotion and cover it with bandaids with possible but it is difficult when hands get wet all the time.  Now these small blisters I am finding on both hands in palms, on both sides of fingers and usually all the blisters form circular shape.
Nothing has changed in life other than having a baby 7 months ago, same detergents, lotions, clothing....and no other part of body is irritated other than few dry patches on side but it is winter.....
Tags: irritable

This could be a fungal infection, eczema, dermatitis, or due to sweat dermatitis or bacterial infection. This could also be an allergic reaction to some substance.

You should keep your hands clean, wash them frequently, apply calamine lotion to help soothe the lesions, and take oral antihistamine medications for the itching.

Are you exposed to any chemicals at work?

You would have to consult your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis - eczema would need steroid local application creams, a bacterial infection would need an antibacterial and a fungal infection would need an antifungal.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.