bumps in hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bumps in hair

Over the past few months ive developed dandruff i think then my head started to itch and now i have 2 hard bumps on the back of my head close to my neck and in my hair. its really irritating me what should i do?
Tags: hair, bumps, head, itch
I have that, too. I am going to the dermatologist. Had this 10 years ago and Kenalog spray took it away.
Avatar n tn
i forgot to mention i have a dog that often sleeps on my bed. could it be fleas?
if it is i haven't had any bites anywhere else.
The bumps could be due to any insect bite, maybe even the fleas from your dog.
Dandruff (also called scurf and historically termed Pityriasis capitis) is due to the excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp.
Both these conditions cause intense itching .
Anti-fungal/anti-dandruff shampoos containing ketoconazole have been shown to be more effective than zinc pyrithione in treating dandruff.
Itching can be controlled with OTC anti-histamines.
Washing hair often and keeping scalp clean can reduce the buildup of dead cellsthus alleviating you of the itching.