bumps/lumps on scrotum and penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bumps/lumps on scrotum and penis

4708303?1248824982

Okay, so I've attached a picture of what has been growing on my scrotum that has me really worried. To start off, I'm waiting on a referral to a dermatologist because at the moment I'm uninsured because I'm just about to start my new job and don't have the benefits yet.

So about two weeks ago I first had an itch on my genitals: scrotum and penis. Then these two bumps appeared on the tip of the the penis, on the foreskin (I'm uncircumcised). I quickly make an appointment to a local clinic, thinking it may be an STD. They take a look and say that they think they may be genital warts, so they freeze them and I wait for a follow up. As for the itching, they say it could be jock itch. I have been working out more intensely and it kind of made sense. But three days later I see these tiny red bumps on the shaft of my penis and realize that is what it itching more intensely now, which includes other parts of my body as well. I also begin to see these bumps on my scrotum.

I make a drop-in appointment at the clinic and tell them the whole story. She says I should use anti-itch cream for the itch and I can't really see the tiny red bumps to show her. The bumps on my scrotum are not that large and she thinks they may be swollen sebaceous glands. I do point to a red bump on my back and ask her if I may have scabies. She prescribes the scabies cream for me and I use it. The itch is less on the rest of my body (though my nipple itches, and sometimes my knees and bottom of my shins).

BUT the big thing is that the lumps on my scrotum grew, there's more of them, and they feel a bit hard (not too much). The do not itch in general, except sometimes in the morning or when they feel kind of dry. I went back to the clinic to show them. They said that they definitely aren't warts and some are sort of showing on the shaft of my penis. So they put a referral to a dermatologist, which may take up to 4 weeks...

So while I wait, I was curious as to what they could be and how I can take care of myself and treat the lumps. I've been applying a moisturizes and antiseptic.

Could they be an allergic reaction to something? An STD? something normal? scabies?
With out second thought scabies.Apart from antiscabicide a little hydrocortisone application for the rashes.Do consult and take medication.
Thank you jagesh50!
I used the antiscabicide and have been washing my clothes and trying to keep things clean.
Yesterday I used an itch-relief medication (diphenhydramine HCI 2%) and my bumps have shrunk considerably! I am also itching much less. I am not sure if the new lotion helped or if it's part of the overall care I've been taking.

I will still be waiting for my dermatologist appointment.