bumps on finger joints
hello.  I have bumps on three of my fingers (both thumbs and my right index finger).  I am not really sure what they are.  I have had them for about 16 years, since I was 12 or so.  They do not hurt but are just annoyances because I consider them unsightly.  

i have posted pictures of them here:

http://tinypic.com/r/2a0etfl/3
http://tinypic.com/r/ifzpmp/3

I am wondering if these are removable, and if so, generally how much one could expect to pay for such a procedure.

Thank you!
hm... any ideas?
I have the same bump.  Family doctor told me it's callus.  Have you found a way to get rid of it?
It can be a callus or a myxoid cyst. For calluses of hand, please apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E on the hands. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften calluses. Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist, then please go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

The calluses persist.  Do you know a surgeon in Ontario?  By the way, how come I can't cut it off with nail clipper.  I can only clip off so much before it starts to hurt or bleed.  Then it grows backs to normal again.  If it's shaved or cut off, then won't it grow back, same result as using the nail clipper?  Thanks.