bumps on fingers
i have these red, painful bumps on my middle and index fingers on both hands. it started on my right hand and spread to my left hand. the bumps are red, kinda sore. the ones on my middle finger are clustered. what could it be? i read somewhere you can get herpes on your hand. is that a possible answer?

This could be a fungal infection, eczema, dermatitis, or due to sweat dermatitis or bacterial infection. This could also be an allergic reaction to some substance.

You should keep your hands clean, wash them frequently, apply calamine lotion to help soothe the lesions, and take oral antihistamine medications for the itching.

Are you exposed to any chemicals at work? Do you wear any rings in the fingers that have the lesions?

Why do you think its herpes?

You would have to consult your doctor for a confirmed diagnosis - eczema would need steroid local application creams, a bacterial infection would need an antibacterial and a fungal infection would need an antifungal.

Let us know if you need any other information nad post us about how you are doing.

Post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
My husband name Rajan, aged 43 years, his right hand middle finger was swollen like an tomato, (we say in tamil viral sutthi) and it was itching and paining from last 10 days, 4 days before we went to the doctor, they have removed the pus from the finger, but still he is suffering in the night, kindly suggest us what can be done,