bumps on tattoo
I got a tattoo on my forearm back in sept. it healed well. This is not my first tattoo, so I know how to take care of them. But this one for some reason little bumps will appear in different spots, its not all over the tattoo. Just in a couple of spots mainly on the underarm. Do you have any suggestions?

This could be an allergic reaction to the tattoo, dermatitis or eczema.

Allergic reactions to tattoo pigments are uncommon except for certain brands of red and green. People who are sensitive or allergic to certain metals may react to pigments in the skin with swelling and/or itching, and/or oozing of clear fluid called serum. Such reactions are quite rare, however, and some artists will recommend performing a test patch.

For those who are allergic to latex, many artists are using non-latex or will use non-latex gloves if asked.

There is also a small risk of anaphylactic shock (hypersensitive reaction) in those who are susceptible, but the chance of a health risk is small.

You could take some oral antihistamine medications and apply calamine lotion at the site.

It could also be eczema, dermatitis, allergic reactions or insect bites.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

If the symptoms do not resolve, consult your doctor.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.