bumps under the skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bumps under the skin

While my wife and I were making love one night a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a few hard bumps underneath the skin of my penis, just below the head around the area where the foreskin was cut.  It seems like they are connected, kind of like some beads.  They do not circle my penis, but go about a quarter way around it and are like small bb's under the skin.  They are not very painful - probably more irritated from self examination.  It's been two weeks and there is no change in them.  Any ideas?  Note:  we have been married for 17 years and are both monogamous and otherwise healthy.  Thank you.
Tags: bumps, penis
These small bumps can be due to folliculitis, cysts or thrombosed lymphatic vessel. Although less likely but Mondor’s disease has to be ruled out.

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a urologist. Doppler ultrasound may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you.  I looked up thrombosis (clot) of a penile lymphatic vessel, and the description seemed to match mine to a "T".  Can I expect this to go away on its own in a few weeks?  Should I suspend sexual activity until it goes away?
For such thrombosed penile lymphatic vessel apply warm compresses and suspend sexual activity and masturbation for a few days. It should get better. If it persists it makes sense to get an examination done from a urologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.