bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

bumps

My daughter has red itchy bumps all over her body and at first we thought it was bed bugs or something but we have been checked seven times and nothing. I brought her to the doc and she gave my daughter some itch cream and sent her home so I went back and she gave her scabbies meds and she said I don't know what it is but maybe this will work. The odd thing is that I have bunk beds for my two girls and she is the only person in my house that is getting these bumps. I even bombed my whole house and threw away her mattress and she is still getting them what do you suggest I do. She has at least eighty or ninety bumps all over and she is scratching them until they bleed. Please help us.
Since your daughter is having these itchy bumps all over the body ir can be due to viral rashes, allergies or hives. Since no one else in the family is having these symptoms, possibility of scabies is less. The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamine like Benadryl which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks). Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. Your daughter may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. It helps stabilize mast cells so they are less likely to release histamine.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.