burn to hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

burn to hand

my 2 year old burnt his hand last week and i was wondring how long will he have a dressing onit and how long will it take to heal up
Treatment of burns depends upon the depth of injury from a burn. First-degree burns are the most shallow (superficial). They affect only the top layer of skin (epidermis). Second-degree burns extend into the middle layer of skin (dermis). Third-degree burns involve all three layers of skin.

What was the degree of involvement of skin in your case? If it was superficial burns then they heal within about two weeks and don't usually leave a scar. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.