burned skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

burned skin

i used and other the counter moisturizer with sunscreen.Had on my face for 2 hours when started burning I washed off. face has been burn red for 3 weeks and burning tingling still there.Mostly concerned half of cheeks are whitish and face is very dry and flaking, but all moisturizers burn more so just leave with nothing on.Will the white skin return to normal and if so how long?very stressed out.
  • Face burning (2 replies):
    All of a sudden, my face is burning and prickly. I don't...[more]
  • face burns (3 replies):
    i had been to a dermatologist a few days ago and he had ...[more]
  • RED DRY CHEEKS (3 replies):
    So I been using aveeno soap to wash my face and everythi...[more]
  • female, 47y. (1 replies):
    Had a chemical peel 10% abt 2 weeks ago, went this week...[more]
  • facial (1 replies):
    I am having some facial problems. My face is peeling, it...[more]
Your symptoms are suggestive of irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for commenting on my question. It has been six weeks now and no more peeling, but my face is still very red and those area that did peel still have a different color, still have very bad burning sensation in face, seems like that never goes away.I have been to a dermatogist and he also recommended the cetaphil cleanser and to try cerave, i have used the cetaphil wash and seem ok but im hesitant to use cerave since a have bad luck.Was told it was like what would happen if had a chemical peel done, all of this just from using an over counter product.I welcome any other advice, thanks again.