burning around anus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

burning around anus

for about 4 days i have had some burning around my buttock area and anus.  i also have a cut down the middle of my buttocks.  what could this be?  i orginally thought it was hemrroid problems.  it looks like i have been scratching and they marks are red.  i put triple antibotic (antibiotic) ointment on it and it does a little better.  also burns when i take a bath.
These symptoms can be due to moisture(due to sweating or frequent washing), the abrasion caused by clothing,the pressure of sitting, anal abrasions and fissures or skin problems such as psoriasis, seborrhea and eczema. Sometimes hemorrhoids will start off as red rash and burning.

I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get an examination done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then sit in warm sitz baths and wear cotton undergarments.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.