burning palms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

burning palms

for the last six month iam feeling severe burning in my both hands

This discussion is related to burning and itching on palms and soles.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be case of contact or irritant dermatitis. Have you been handling any chemicals or substances lately? Have you been wearing gloves, the material of which you could have been allergic to ?

You may have this assessed by a dermatologist. You may need an oral antihistamine for this. Also, you may soak your hands on warm water and add some menthol or camphor to soothe and cool the hands. You may wash with Cetaphil and apply vitamin E moisturizer.

Has this present for quite sometime already?

Do you have any history of asthma or allergies?
Hi,  I am having the exact severe condition of wanting to scratch the skin off the palms of my hands & feet right now.  This is the third time this has happened. The last time it took 2 hours of staying submerged in very warm water to control it until the Benedryl started to help.  It ended up with being my entire body itching.  I tried ice and the warm water worked better.  I do have food allergies & to some grasses and trees, but havn't introduced anything new. If anyone knows what is causing this or what helps,  please post.
Thanks,   itchy palms 2
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This sounds like a form of irritant dermatitis. This does not have to present with a rash although a burning and itching sensation may actually be felt.You may apply calamine lotion over the area to prevent the burning sensation. Also,takIng oral antihistamines to alleviate the skin condition will be necessary especially if this involves most parts of the body.

Wash the area with a mild cleanser such as Cetaphil and avoid all known trigers. You may opt to visit an allergologist to have other triggers ascertained.
I currently am having the same issue....but I think I got got in my case.
I have been finishing my basement and STAINING woodwork with Minwax stain.  When I did the latest couple pieces I wore a glove only on my right hand.  Boom.....today I played golf and could barely grip the club with my left hand. The burning pain (and some itching) was intense. It got better when I added moisturizer to it. The right hand was fine.

Watch for stains and solvents causing these issues.  I have heard it before...bad problems from these chemicals.
I have the same thing, it occurs mainl when I am cooking.  I thought it was because of onions but it happens when I am using different ingredients, or just washing my hands.  It varies in severity but it gets to the point that I cannot even put my hands in water, whether its cold or hot or lukewarm.  The air is the best for it, and I have to keep my fingers apart, skin contact to each other makes the burning worse.  I guess my hands get a little red, but honestly I dont see any physical difference....