Dermatology Community
burning sensation on my scalp
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning sensation on my scalp

Not sure why but my scalp suddenly just started burning.  I am 23 and have hairloss as well.  My hair seems to fall out easily.  The burning sensation last for a few minutes at a time.  It comes and goes at random.  I am concerned what is causing this and is it related to my hair loss.  I am only 23 and have receding hair line with some thinning on top.  I went to a dermatologist and she put me on propecia for the hair loss.  I also took a blood test and said my iron was low.  But other then that I my blood was normal.  Is it possible they ran certain tests on my blood and not others which maybe why I am misdiagnosed.  I have a follow up in late july.  I didnt have this burning sensation before i went to see my doc.  And my burning scalp is not a symptom of propecia.  Any ideas to what this could be? A disease? Theres indication of burning when looking at my sclap.

This maybe unrelated but i have what seems like build up on my scalp.  If i scratch my head I can get these white plaque like grains of sand.  I notice all when my hair falls out this plaque is attached to the hair and the the white bulb at the end.  Any ideas.?

Please advise.

Thank you.