butt cheek sore (only one cheek)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

butt cheek sore (only one cheek)

my problem is that for the last year (perhaps a little bit less), i've had one (and recently another) bump on my left butt cheek. i notice I often lean more heavily on this side when i'm sitting in my computer chair (which has little padding) and i have to sit at my (or a) computer chair frequently because of studying and work.
the bump that has been present reasonably consistently (although there have been short periods of non existence) is rather deep and is maybe the size of the tip of a ring finger. it isn't blistering red or anything, a little bit darker if anything than my normal skin color. it only hurts when i sit on it or put pressure on it, the pain isn't extreme either. i thought this might just be a butt sore (as in caused by sitting to long in one position like bed sores or something).

Recently though another smaller bump appeared relatively near it and it was closer to the surface. it had been there for about 3 weeks. today in the shower i popped it, not purposely, i was feeling where it was careful squeezing, not hard. when it popped it squirted/oozed out quite a bit of whiteish puss (not too thick and not too liquidy either if that helps). the smaller one as far as i could tell was not overwhelmingly red either, and it also only hurt when direct pressure is applied to it.
are these just a case of something similar to bed sores? or should i be concerned. considering how it hasn't spread for a year i wasn't really concerned but thought i should check.
thanks a lot.
The symptoms are suggestive of a sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

The other possibility is of an abscess and for confirming the diagnosis, I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.