buttock rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

buttock rash

just when i thought the day wouldnt get worse.. they should've deleted the picture instead of the post itself. anyway, whats done is done.

i have an extremely itchy rash on my buttocks. starting from the upper part of my butt to my thighs.. it's been going on for years now, and i havent told anyone about it. havent seen a doctor too. it started in the scrotum area, and eventually grew larger, although it's not visible anymore in my scrotum, healed after a few days when it started, but since it's so itchy, the part at the butt area hasnt healed. is there a way to stop it without seeing a doctor, or lessen it until i get the courage to see a doctor. i would also like to know what this particular rash is, so that when i face a doctor, i know exactly what to say.. or maybe give him a hint of what it is.
This buttocks rash which is itchy can be due to fungal infection or intertrigo. It most commonly occurs due to bacterial,viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you so much. this helps out a lot. i'm about to get a medical any time this month, so whatever the result is, i'll keep you posted.