can RX meds cause skin irritation to get worse
I woke up with a rash on my neck from ear to ear.  The next day it crawled up to my entire face. Both my neck and face felt very hot and was itching something fierce.  I went to my Internist who prescriped 2 creams. Voltaren Gel 1% is 1 of the creams and the other cream is Triamcinolone Acetonide    0.025%  After using the creams for 1 1/2 days my neck and face is worse. The burning got worse and I have big round red blotches on my cheeks with scaling rough skin  with patches. It still itches and I reuse to use the creams again.  I am supposed to use these creams a few times a day. I did that the first 2 days.  I can feel small pimple like eruptions under my skin on my face and neck beside the round raised blotches on my face.

What do you think is the problem?  H-E-L-P !!!!!  Please.

Thank you for any advice you can offer me.
Lee Fishlet
Please advise me about the above question I posted.  I need your help and advice/  I am in great distress.
From the symptoms that you have mentioned,it sounds like contact dermatitis or hives.The application of strong steroid creams have caused irritant contact dermatitis.

The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamine which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks).Non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine(Zyrtec) and Loratadine(Claritin)may be needed to get symptom relief. Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine(Benadryl) is used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.Application of calamine lotion helps in soothing the skin.
You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement.

If the hives don’t go after 6 wks of treatment also, then it can be a case of chronic urticaria which needs further evaluation as it may be due to auto antibodies.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.