can cellulitis be caught if you have sex with someone who has it?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

i had sex with this guy that had celluitis. It was on his leg and he was on all sorts of antibiotics and told me it was gone but it seems that he still has it and is seeing a specialist now. He has not been feeling very good and neither have i. we both kinda have the same symptoms of being tired and irritable and just not feeling right but kinda hard to put into words. I do not have anything that looks like his leg as far as rashes on my body but could I have gotten something from him having celluitis?
Not a Doc of course, but From what I know, cellulitis is an objective symptom of inflammation caused from some type of infection. Depends on whether the strain of Bacteria causing the infection is contagious. Normally treated with  course of antibiotics, but certain bacteria initially resistant to treatment may require alternative or extended treatment. A culture, swab test by a dermatologist or family Doc can determine what type of bacteria is present and best treatment methods. If it is just a localized bacterial infection, like staph for example I wouldnt deem it sexually transmitted. MRSA bacteria is highly contagious but can still be treated. Best to treat early, before symptoms worsen. doesn't usually resolve on its own.
OTC Domboro or bluboro compress from a pharmacy may also help to alleviate inflammation and swelling of cellulitis. Consult with Dr.
Hi Deeply, you should check this post: http://www.howto3000.com/the-answer-of-is-cellulitis-contagious-and-other-aspects-about-cellulitis-infection.html