can u pop a blood vessel?
i was wondering can u pop a blood vessel in ur arm or wrist or thumb? When i play volleyball and i look at my wrist i have a mark that is purple in the middle and blue on the outside. i showed my p.e. coach and he told me i popped a blood vessel. so can u please help me.

This may be a hematoma. I used to play volleyball too and I get several of these on my wrists and mid forearm. The blood vessels are basically fragile structures and the impact that hitting the ball on your arms cause these tiny blood vessels to rupture.They later on present with reddish and later purplish discolorations on the arm.

Wear a protective band when you play.Also use a well aerated ball and a volley ball made of good material while playing.This may help minimize minor traumas during a game.

Have your primary physician see this .For the mean time,apply cold compress on the site and take pain relievers given that you have no allergies to them.This may help alleviate the tenderness and swelling.The hematoma may usually resolve on its own.