can you catch a rash from a dog

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

can you catch a rash from a dog

I have a red raised bumpy itchy rash on my arms chest back and legs and it started when i got a bubby a few days ago...now i have been around dogs my whole life different breeds at that and we have 3 other dogs living in the house along with the pup i just got so i would think i was allergic to her, but the weird thing is.... she has a rash to could humans catch rashes from a dog? i wouldnt think so but i thought maybe someone else might know ...and if its not from her what could it be... i am takin benadryl but so far it is not working all i wanna do is sleep when i take it can anyone out there help?.... thanks
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be a fungal infection.Dogs usually carry fungal infections which can be transmitted to humans.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use an antifungal cream like Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.You  can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.Also pls avoid scratching the skin as it may get infected.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Oral antifungals may be needed.Also consult a veterinary doctor for your pup and start with his treatment for fungal infections.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.