can you spready shingles to other parts of your body?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

can you spread shingles to your face if you touched the infected area? I accidentally touched my shingles and then i touched below my eye. I am worried that it'll spread!!! please help me answer this i've been looking online for answers. I've had shingles six times now and i am 24 anyone know why?
You cannot spread shingles to other parts of the body by touching the lesions. Shingles is localized to a band, called a dermatome, spanning one side of the trunk around the waistline. This does not usually affect other areas except for that specific dermatome which is supplied by the nerve fibres  where the virus has remained dormant. But of course you can transmit the virus to another individual who has never had chicken pox and has come in direct contact with your lesions.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.